Personal Injury Attorney
in Peoria, Illinois

Injured in an Accident? I Can Help You Seek Compensation.

The effects of an accident can linger on you and your family for years. If you have been injured, you can face ongoing pain and suffering. If you are unable to return to work, your income will suffer. You may also face enormous medical bills and other costs.

If your injuries are due to the negligence of another party, Illinois law provides that you may be compensated for your damages through a personal injury lawsuit. No matter the case, you need a knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring personal injury attorney at your side to guide you through the process so you can seek fair compensation for your pain and suffering.

Contact my firm, The Law Office of David Hunt, in Peoria, Illinois, to schedule a free consultation.

Helping The Injured And Their Families

I am attorney David Hunt, and I have been helping the injured for nearly 30 years. I represent people in cases involving many different issues, including:

  • Car accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Medical malpractice
  • Serious injury
  • Wrongful death
  • Slip-and-fall accidents
  • Premises liability
  • Dog bites
  • Workplace accidents
  • Construction accidents

Your Financial Road to Recovery is Just Around the Corner


Recovering the Compensation You Deserve

It can be important to have the help of an experienced lawyer when you seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. An attorney can assess the facts of your case and advise you on the most effective strategies for getting the compensation you deserve.

When I represent clients in personal injury matters, I investigate the facts and give them my candid advice, based on my years of experience. From there, I will work with my clients to build a strategy that helps them reach their goals.

What Kind of Compensation Can You Recover?

In personal injury cases, the person injured is given the chance to earn compensation for their pain and suffering, typically paid by the person found to be at fault. There are two major types of compensation or damages that you can recover: economic damages and non-economic damages. 

Economic Damages

This type of monetary recovery is linked to those that are tangible, measurable damages. Economic damages can include any or all of the following:

  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Past and future lost wages
  • Household services
  • Physical or vocational rehabilitation
  • Property damage
  • Out-of-pocket expenses
  • Lost earning capacity

Because it is fairly simple to obtain proof that these expenses are linked to your injury and the accident that caused them, they fall under economic damages. 

Non-Economic Damages

On the other hand, there are some forms of compensation that are more subjective and difficult to put a value on. These non-monetary losses can include:

  • The injury itself
  • Disability or disfigurement
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Pain and suffering as you recover and beyond
  • Loss of companionship
  • Losses related to your reputation

Many cases that end in a financial settlement typically include both economic and non-economic damages. To see what types of possible damages your case involves, contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney today.

At my firm, the Law Office of David Hunt, I am dedicated to helping my clients receive the fair compensation they deserve for their injury. Whether you’ve been involved in a distracted driving accident or any other kind of road accident, I have the knowledge to help you seek a favorable result.

Personal Injury Attorney in Peoria, Illinois

To find out more, contact The Law Office of David Hunt today by filling out the simple form at the bottom of this page or giving me a call at my office in Peoria or Galesburg. During your free consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to get to know me as an attorney, and I’ll be able to look over your case to let you know how to move forward.